Another try at this group of galaxies, worked out pretty good this time with longer exposures and autoguiding that worked nearly flawlessly and provided round stars. Probably just lucky!
I tried a 10 minute exposure which did get in deeper, but the guiding didn't like that long. Details
June 26, 2011 - midnight
- Camera - Canon 350D (with modification)
- Scope - Meade 12" LX200 Classic at f/6.3
- Exposures - 9 x 8 minutes at ISO 800
- Guide scope - Orion 80ED piggyback
- Guider - Starshoot autoguider with PHD Guider